Composite Bonding in Nashville TN
You deserve to have a smile that you’re proud to call your own. At Belle Forest Dental, our trusted dental team can help you improve the health and beauty of your smile with our large selection of restorative and cosmetic dental treatments, including dental bonding. Here’s what you should know about how dental bonding could improve your smile before scheduling an exam with one of our friendly dentists.
What Is Teeth Bonding?
Composite bonding is a dental procedure that uses tooth-colored resin to alter the appearance of teeth or fill in cavities. It can repair damaged teeth as well as improve their color, shape, and size. Composite bonding is fast, painless, and can resolve many oral health concerns, including:
- Fill cavities in decayed teeth
- Repair cracked or chipped teeth
- Make teeth look longer
- Close in gaps between teeth
- Enhance the color of stained teeth
- Protect a tooth’s root when minor gum recession is present
- Replace silver dental fillings
Dental bonding is an excellent option for people with minor aesthetic dental concerns.
Dental Bonding Process
Since composite bonding is minimally invasive, there is nothing to prep for having a tooth (or teeth) bonded. In most cases, anesthesia is not necessary for a dental bonding treatment unless it is used to treat a cavity. The length of your bonding procedure will depend on how many teeth need to be worked on; it usually takes between 30 minutes and one hour.
Here’s what you can expect if you have a tooth bonded at Belle Forest Dental:
- The dentist will examine your teeth and find the appropriate shade of composite to match the natural color of your surrounding teeth.
- Then, he will gently roughen the surface of your tooth and prepare it for the bonding process by coating it with a conditioning liquid.
- Once prepped, a sticky resin material is applied and molded into the perfect shape and size.
- The resin will dry using a special LED light that bonds the resin to the tooth.
- Lastly, the dentist will make any necessary changes, such as trimming and polishing the bonded tooth to achieve the ideal result.
Dental Bonding Care
Caring for your dental bonding is as easy as caring for your natural smile. The best way to keep your composite bonding in good condition for years to come is to:
- Brush your teeth two times a day
- Floss and use mouth wash every day
- Visit the dentist twice a year for routine exams and professional cleanings
- Don’t bite down on hard foods and items
Dental Bonding Cost
The cost of your dental bonding will depend on your dental insurance plan and how many teeth are treated. Please contact our Nashville dental office to learn more about your dental insurance policy.
How Long Does Composite Bonding Last?
The length of your dental bonding will depend on its location in your mouth and your oral hygiene habits. Dental bonding can last anywhere from a few years to a decade with good dental habits at home and regular dental visits every six months.
Protect Your Smile with Dental Bonding at Belle Forest Dental
If you’re interested in improving a cracked, chipped, misshapen, or discolored tooth, dental bonding could benefit you. At Belle Forest Dental, we want to help you achieve the smile you’ve always wanted as comfortably and conveniently as possible. Our trusted dental team is committed to providing the best in professional, safe dental care in the Nashville area and beyond. Contact us today to schedule your next routine dental appointment and learn more about how composite bonding could benefit you.