If you have gotten your tooth knocked out or if your tooth has been cracked due to a fall or an accident, emergency dental procedures are likely necessary. Here at Belle Forest Dental, we are one of the main top dental offices in Nashville, TN and in this article today, we are going to be talking about emergency dental procedures and what you need to do if you need to have one.
Emergency Dental Procedures
When you suffer from an injury to your mouth, such as your tooth getting knocked out, cracked teeth, or cuts on your gums, lips, and your cheeks you may be in need of some emergency dental procedures to take care of this issue promptly. Here is a list of dental traumas that we can treat.
If you get a tooth knocked out we urge you to get to us as soon as possible because there is a chance that we can save the tooth. Here are some instructions that you will need to before you come and see us.
· Be sure that you handle the tooth by its crown and not by the root. If you touch the root which is the part that goes into your gums, it can damage the cells that are very important for reattachment.
· If the tooth is dirty, gently rinse the tooth in warm water to clean it. Please do not try to wipe the tooth off with a cloth or anything of that nature. Just water will be fine.
· If possible, you can try to push the tooth back into the socket to keep it moist. It’s very important to always keep the tooth moist. You can also store the tooth in a cup of milk or in your mouth with your saliva that will help it stay wet.
· Please get to us within 30 minutes to an hour, so we can save your tooth.
What to Do About Cracked or Fractured Teeth
If your tooth has been fractured or cracked here are the steps you need to do before you come in for the emergency dental procedures you may need to have.
· Rinse your mouth out with warm water, use an ice pack to reduce the swelling in the cheek near the fractured tooth but not directly on it.
· For the pain you can take over the counter pain medication such as ibuprofen or naproxen, never take aspirin because if you are bleeding it will cause more bleeding because aspirin is a blood thinner.
· Get to us as soon as possible. We then can determine the right emergency dental procedures that may be needed.
Those are just some of the things that we can do for your dental traumas. Here at Belle Forest Dental we are one of the best dental offices in Nashville, TN. We take so much pride in our work. We want you to know that you will be fully taken care of when you come and see us. If you have any questions or concerns, please call us or stop by for a visit.