Belle Forest Dental – Restorative Dentistry
No one should have to live with a smile that brings them discomfort, pain, or embarrassment. Fortunately, restorative dental care can help patients of all ages regain their quality of life by repairing the appearance, comfort, and function of damaged teeth. Before scheduling your appointment with the experienced dental team at Belle Forest Dental, check out these facts about how restorative dental care could help you regain a bright, healthy smile once again.
Restorative Dentistry in Nashville, TN
Restorative dentistry refers to any procedure used to repair the function and esthetics of one’s missing, damaged, or broken teeth. Restorations could be
- Direct: These take place entirely inside a patient’s mouth without the use of a laboratory, such as a filling.
- Indirect: These take place outside a patient’s mouth and usually involve the assistance of a laboratory to fabricate restorations, such as crowns.
It’s important to note that restorative dental treatments are very common and could be recommended by your dentist for a variety of reasons, such as
- Eating and drinking acidic foods
- Tobacco use
What Are the Benefits of Restorative Dentistry?
For a patient who has missing, damaged, or broken teeth, a restorative dental procedure can have a huge impact on their daily lives. Some ways restorative dental care could benefit you include:
- Improving the appearance of your smile and facial structure
- Making it easier to chew, speak, and practice good oral hygiene
- Relieving pain and discomfort
Additionally, restorative dental treatments can save you money by preventing oral health problems from getting worse, which could lead to more extensive, costly repairs in the future.
What Issues Can Restorative Dental Procedures Fix?
At Belle Forest Dental, we are prepared to correct a number of minor and extensive dental problems, including:
- Broken, chipped, or cracked teeth
- Missing teeth
- Discolored teeth
- Misshapen teeth
- Crooked teeth
If you are experiencing any of these dental problems, one of our trusted dentists can recommend a personalized treatment plan to restore your oral health as quickly and comfortably as possible.
What Are the Most Common Restorative Dental Procedures?
No matter what oral health problems you may have, we are proud to offer top-of-the-line restorative dental procedures to meet the unique needs of your smile, including:
- Fillings: to treat tooth decay and cavities
- Whitening: to enhance the color and brightness of your teeth
- Bridges: to repair missing teeth
- Inlays and Onlays: to strengthen and repair weak, damaged teeth
- Veneers: to restore the natural appearance of damaged teeth
- Implants: to replace missing teeth with a natural-looking, permanent alternative
- Crowns: to protect and improve the appearance of a damaged tooth
Cost of Restorative Dentistry
The cost of restorative dental care treatment can vary greatly based on the condition of a patient’s mouth, as well as what dental insurance policy they have. However, it’s important to note that oral health problems will not resolve themselves. If left untreated, most dental issues will get worse and can lead to more expensive restorations in the future. For more information about what your particular dental insurance plan covers or how much a specific procedure may be, please contact our office.
At Belle Forest Dental in Nashville, TN, Dr. Sivaneri, Dr. Whetsell, and Dr. Munro are eager to make your restorative dental experience as stress-free as possible. Whether you are in need of a minor restoration, such as filling a cavity, or more extensive work, such as dental implants, we are ready to help you restore the beauty and function of your smile with the best techniques, materials, and, of course, bedside manner. Contact our office to schedule your appointment today!